Commercial use of mazegenerator.net
This information was last updated 2016-11-12.
To use mazes from mazegenerator.net for commercial purposes you need a commercial license. By "commercial purposes" we mean that you plan to make money out of its use either directly or indirectly through, for example, advertisement networks.
Why buy mazes from mazegenerator.net?
Time for the marketing talk... We believe there are a number of features that put together sets mazegenerator.net in a class of its own.
- You have pretty good control of the maze characteristics through the different settings available.
- The mazes you download as SVG or PDF files are all rendered as vector graphics meaning that they can be scaled up to any size without losing image quality. (Make sure that you use a good publishing tool that can read SVG files or take the vector image out of the PDF file so you do not lose this advantage.)
- All mazes you download from mazegenerator.net are generated with the help of a good random number generator which means that the maze you license have a good chance of being unique. The larger the maze the more probable it is that no one else has the same maze.
Different types of licenses
You can either license single mazes or buy a yearly unlimited license. If you plan to use 23 mazes or more during a year, the unlimited license will be the more economic choice. When you license a maze for commercial use you also have the right to create derived work from it, i.e. you can modify it any way you like. The unlimited license allows you to download an unlimited number of royalty free mazes during the license period. If you decide not to renew the license when the license period expires you can still continue to use the mazes you already have downloaded, but you are not allowed to download any new mazes for commercial use.
There are also two different levels of the licenses. The standard one requires you to include the text "Licensed from mazegenerator.net" in connection with the mazes, and if they are made available in an electronic form the link has to be a clickable hyperlink to http://mazegenerator.net/. If you do not want to include the reference to mazegenerator.net there is another license without that requirement and, of course, a higher price.
The prices below are in Euro (EUR) and does not include VAT.
|Reference to mazegenerator.net:||Required||Not required
|Individual mazes, per maze:||€4||€8
|Unlimitied mazes, per year:||€90||€180
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- For customers in Sweden 25 % VAT will be added.
- For customers in the rest of the European Union without a valid VAT number, your local level of VAT will be added. So if you do have a valid VAT number, make sure to include it in your order so we do not have to charge you the VAT.
- For customers outside of the European Union no VAT will be added.
How to order
Send an email to and tell us the following:
- The type of license you would like to order.
- Your name, physical address and, optionally, a company name you would like included on the invoice. (The only thing we will use the physical address for is our bookkeeping.)
- Your preferred payment method, see below.
- Your VAT number, if you have one.
We will then send you an invoice through email or from PayPal. The PayPal invoice can be paid by credit card or from your PayPal account.
Payments can be made in the following ways (in order of preference):
- Swedish "Bankgiro" (if you use this the invoice will be in SEK instead)
- Electronic transfer (BIC and IBAN will be provided)
- PayPal, including credit cards
How do I download a licensed maze?
Exactly the same way as you do an unlicensed one. There is really nothing technically preventing people from downloading a maze and use it anyway they like. It is all about trust, if someone use a maze they downloaded for commercial purposes we trust them to contact us and pay for it. If we find that this trust is abused, we might seek legal action and/or add some limitations to the site. But we very much prefer not having to do that, so please be honest.
If you still got questions please email us at:
Return to previous page
Copyright © 2018 JGB Service